In the beginning of the week I was a bit down and could not seem to find motivation at all. Legs were sore from gym and running again on flat surfaces and I felt like there is no progress at all and I’m just torturing myself for nothing.
Even made this video about my lost motivation but ended up not posting it as it was so depressing to watch. Then on the way back I thought I’d try as a joke if I could finally do a chin-up at the local outdoor gym. To my surprise I could and it was actually quite easy so good on me *a pat on the back*!
This achievement gave me whole new energy to continue and faith that I am just maybe doing the right things. It took it’s time but yes, I did it and of course tried a few times after it during the week and was able to do it so now my aim is to do 5 in a row. Haven’t put a deadline to it yet though…
- One gym – My normal plan in quite a quick pace
- Cycling – With my daughter 3 kilometers
- Running – 22,9 kilometers, I know 10,5 was basic running, rest probably trail running and HIIT run also, but seems that my HR monitor cannot separate them when you use Multisport function (Software Development hint, hint).
Generally the week was not that good and getting back to work clearly had an affect on my energy level. Still I am happy as there was progress in the form of the chin-up. Never thought I could do one. Hopefully next week I could get back to more clear training schedule. Now it seems like there is not enough hours in the day.
Weekly training plan
- Two gym training sessions a week, warm up walking to the gym/rowing machine – Target: To increase muscle strength and toning. Emphasis on butt, back of the legs and core to increase stability of hips and legs to support running.
- Two shorter runs a week. This can be trail or basic running outside. MAX 4 kilometers. I may increase the amount if my leg does not start hurting in a few week… Let’s see. Target: Just to be able to run in the first place!
- Optional! One exercise training a week, this would be whatever fits my schedule. Could be yoga, strength, core, dance or indoor wall climbing/ bouldering . Target: Just to get active and have variety on the plan.
- Compulsory! Stretching and foam rolling after each training Target: To reduce the risk of getting an IT band inflammation in the future