There is really not much to tell about training last week. I did go to the Gym and a short walk after the Lake District challenge hike, but that was pretty much it. There was a lot to catch up at work and I still had some cough and runny nose so decided to just rest to make sure it does not go worse.
I unfortunately also managed to get an infection to my skin which I did not notice until my lymph node started to swell. It did not seem to heal so had to go to the doctor and I am on antibiotics now.
All in all feeling is pretty down and useless after the injury from orienteering, then the flu and now this infection. I have not been able to train properly and have been physically feeling bad for so many weeks now that I truly hope I can get back to training soon, my mind needs it! The fundraising bit has also proven to be really hard as it is not that common here.
Positive thing is that my leg is almost completely healed now so I was able to go to the gym, but did not put full weights yet. The gym session itself was not a triumph either. I was aching from everywhere and my body just was not working as it normally would so did not want to push myself. Maybe I should have.
Anyway since there is really nothing I can do about this but wait, that is what I will do. Wait and hope that next week I will be better.
- 1 hike 6,4 km, Third day of Lake district challenge
- 1 Walk 5 km
- 1 gym session
- Two gym training sessions a week, warm up walking to the gym/rowing machine – Target: To increase muscle strength and toning. Emphasis on butt, back of the legs and core to increase stability of hips and legs to support running.
- Two shorter runs a week. This can be trail or basic running outside. MAX 4 kilometers. I may increase the amount if my leg does not start hurting in a few week… Let’s see. Target: Just to be able to run in the first place!
- Optional! One exercise training a week, this would be whatever fits my schedule. Could be yoga, strength, core, dance or indoor wall climbing/ bouldering . Target: Just to get active and have variety on the plan.
- Compulsory! Stretching and foam rolling after each training Target: To reduce the risk of getting an IT band inflammation in the future
Would you like to support me reaching my fundraising target?
I am really close to my target of getting vaccines, water, shelter and education to children in need through Unicef UK (only around 170 EUR away) and would greatly appreciate you helping me in achieving it. You can do that through my JustGiving page. Every euro, dollar, pound helps me to achieve my target of 2000 EUR which will go directly to help children through Unicef UK. Thank you in advance ❤