There is really not much to tell about training last week. I did go to the Gym and a short walk after the Lake District challenge hike, but that was pretty much it. There was a lot to catch up at work and I still had some cough and runny nose so decided to just rest to make sure it does not go worse.
I unfortunately also managed to get an infection to my skin which I did not notice until my lymph node started to swell. It did not seem to heal so had to go to the doctor and I am on antibiotics now.
All in all feeling is pretty down and useless after the injury from orienteering, then the flu and now this infection. I have not been able to train properly and have been physically feeling bad for so many weeks now that I truly hope I can get back to training soon, my mind needs it! The fundraising bit has also proven to be really hard as it is not that common here.
Positive thing is that my leg is almost completely healed now so I was able to go to the gym, but did not put full weights yet. The gym session itself was not a triumph either. I was aching from everywhere and my body just was not working as it normally would so did not want to push myself. Maybe I should have.
Anyway since there is really nothing I can do about this but wait, that is what I will do. Wait and hope that next week I will be better.
- 1 hike 6,4 km, Third day of Lake district challenge
- 1 Walk 5 km
- 1 gym session
- Two gym training’s a week, warm up HIIT running/Stair climbing/Cross trainer – Target: To increase muscle strength and toning. Emphasis on upper body and core.
- One HIIT run a week. Either on treadmill or lunch break run depending on weather. Target: To increase oxygen intake.
- One gym class training a week, this would be whatever fits my schedule. Could be yoga, strength, core or dance. Target: Just to get active and have variety on the plan plus I pay for it anyway! OR one wall climbing training Target: To increase upper body muscles and activate muscles needed for climbing in a bit more steep conditions.
- One shorter “normal” run a week. This can be trail or basic running outside. Target: Increase general endurance and stamina.
- Optional! One low HR long run a week minimum 10 kilometers. Target: Increase general endurance and stamina. Usually I do this in a National park so it would be a trail run.
Would you like to support me reaching my fundraising target?
I am really close to my target of getting vaccines, water, shelter and education to children in need through Unicef UK (only around 170 EUR away) and would greatly appreciate you helping me in achieving it. You can do that through my JustGiving page. Every euro, dollar, pound helps me to achieve my target of 2000 EUR which will go directly to help children through Unicef UK. Thank you in advance ❤