It’s been a while since my last post about something else than weekly training. Moving house caused a total chaos for our household that has lasted for a few months. There is really nothing you can do about, you just need to unpack one box at a time and get used to the new neighborhood. I really love the new house as we have much more space than before.
At the same time the choir end of year concerts have taken quite a significant amount of time during the evenings. We have had multiple performances. One was for the Finnish National Broadcasting channel Yle at the after party of the Finnish Independence day which is a really big thing here with about 2,5 million viewers. All the singing during the week concluded in the biggest concert of the year for us last weekend.
I also had fun singing at our company Christmas Karaoke Challenge to raise more money to Unicef UK. See https://twitter.com/KatiKaarila/status/1205579889669267461
It’s clear the end of the year hassle is full on and it seems like the holidays are coming way too quickly! Prioritizing has been the word of the month and training has been first and simply no time for blogging as much as before.
In spite of all this hassle I have been able to keep up with my training pretty good and I can see progress both in speed and strength.
I have also started to dream about hiking, mountaineering and climbing so my mind seems to be set for the climb already 🙂
Wishing everyone a quiet and nice Christmas break and please keep following my blog I am hoping to have some time to update it during the break. I have so many ideas and posts “almost ready”!
- 1 basic run 16 kilometers
- 1 trail run 10 kilometers
- 1 gym training
- Two gym training’s a week, warm up HIIT running/Stair climbing/Cross trainer – Target: To increase muscle strength and toning. Emphasis on upper body and core.
- One HIIT run a week. Either on treadmill or lunch break run depending on weather. Target: To increase oxygen intake.
- One gym class training a week, this would be whatever fits my schedule. Could be yoga, strength, core or dance. Target: Just to get active and have variety on the plan plus I pay for it anyway! OR one wall climbing training Target: To increase upper body muscles and activate muscles needed for climbing in a bit more steep conditions.
- One shorter “normal” run a week. This can be trail or basic running outside. Target: Increase general endurance and stamina.
- Optional! One low HR long run a week minimum 10 kilometers. Target: Increase general endurance and stamina. Usually I do this in a National park so it would be a trail run.