End of the year is approaching fast and I’ve been able to train fairly well lately. I am trying to go to the gym twice a week to either classes or just generally to train. Running on the treadmill makes it easier to do HIIT training and I have managed to run at max 11.5 km/h speed without getting too exhausted which is again something I never could have dreamed of before.
I have found nice routes around the new neighborhood and a new favorite spot at the top of a cliff at the end of a trail which is even higher than around my previous house. The feature photo is from the other side where the “new favorite spot” cliff is. It is in the middle of the forest and you can hardly hear the highway there although it is near, but in the city it’s hard to find spots where there is no lights or no sounds no matter how small the city. All in all we are really happy about the move and beginning to settle in nicely finding our way around everything.
With end of the year around the corner I have also had to start thinking about preparations to be ready for Kilimanjaro like the doctors approval letter, vaccinations, things for the kit list and visa. It seems like there was a lot of time and now suddenly there is no time to make huge differences. Surely I could improve my oxygen intake even more but reality is that there is only a little over a month to go. It is starting to get real.
I will try to make the best of the remaining time concentrating on HIIT training, running and doing simply what ever sport I like the most and trying to relax before the big climb.
- Two basic runs. 9 kilometers and 8.96 kilometers
- One trail run 4,8 kilometers
- One Gym training
- One HIIT run on treadmill 8 minutes
- “Stair climber” 11 minutes (50 floors)
- Two gym training’s a week, warm up HIIT running/Stair climbing/Cross trainer – Target: To increase muscle strength and toning. Emphasis on upper body and core.
- One HIIT run a week. Either on treadmill or lunch break run depending on weather. Target: To increase oxygen intake.
- One gym class training a week, this would be whatever fits my schedule. Could be yoga, strength, core or dance. Target: Just to get active and have variety on the plan plus I pay for it anyway! OR one wall climbing training Target: To increase upper body muscles and activate muscles needed for climbing in a bit more steep conditions.
- One shorter “normal” run a week. This can be trail or basic running outside. Target: Increase general endurance and stamina.
- Optional! One low HR long run a week minimum 10 kilometers. Target: Increase general endurance and stamina. Usually I do this in a National park so it would be a trail run.
Still not too late to sponsor…